Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Call...wait.. We called??!

It was definitely one of the most exciting days of our lives.

It wasn't what we had expected. We actually didn't get "the call"

Jordan had been contacted on LinkedIn about a job opportunity a month prior to us getting the call. He had been going through interviews and after three different offers from the company we finally rolled the dice and said let's take it. This was an extremely hard decision for us because he loved his current job more than anything, they had great adoption benefits for our family, flexibility and more. Jordan expressed this to his new employer and negotiated similar benefits, which was great for us! This new offer was just too hard to pass up for us, especially knowing our dreams for our future family. 

The morning after we made that decision, Jordan had called me at work to tell me that he had called and accepted the position he had been offered and had also put in his two-week notice at his current company. It was exciting, yet nerve racking! I now had to make the call to tell our adoption worker that our employment had changed and we needed to update our home study, but that did not come up in our conversation at all!



I called our adoption worker and this is how the conversation went..

"Hi, It's Kaylah"

"Hi Kaylah, I was actually just going to call you"

"Really, what for?" (I had assumed it was something about our background check update that we had just sent in.)

"I have a potential birth mother that would like to meet you guys!"



...............................................................................................................................................................

Honestly, I don't remember the rest of the conversation. All I heard, was that someone wanted to meet us. Someone had chosen our profile from the book, liked us and wanted to meet us in person! I felt like I was in a dream! I proceeded to accept the meeting request over the phone, and we scheduled it for the following Thursday. One full week later.

I was on cloud nine. I remember skipping over to my coworkers and telling them all excitedly..and then realizing.. Oh shoot..I should probably call Jordan and tell him! Haha! My brain went so crazy that I forgot to call my husband that definitely deserved to hear the news first! AHH!

I called Jordan and I was sent to voicemail. I figured he couldn't take my call because he just put in his two weeks and was probably in meetings. We talk frequently throughout the day so this was normal. 

He proceeded to text me right away saying "At sushi with coworkers, can I  call you later?"

I texted back, " CALL ME NOW, IT'S URGENT!"

He called immediately and I told him that I had called our adoption worker and explained to him what she said! He was excited, I was excited...It was hard to stay focused at work!

So the truth is, we didn't get the call! We made the call?

Stay tuned to hear about the week leading up to the meeting, and the meeting where we met two amazing people.