Wednesday, August 13, 2014

best birthday week ever!!

The weekend before my birthday Jordan and I finally had made the decision that I would not be returning to work. I became a full time stay-at-home wife and we were both extremely excited about it.
On Monday, August 4th I called my boss and informed him of the news. He understood and it was so nice to hear the support on the other end of the call. Our biggest priority was to find the child that was meant to be ours<3  Little did we know ...............

Wednesday, August 6th-- My BIRTHDAY!!

It was a nice relaxing day.  At about 8:30 pm we bought a movie and we were cuddling with the puppies on the couch watching it when 9pm rolled around. Our phone rang. It was a number we had never seen before. I told Jordan to pause the movie and I answered.......

On the other line was someone that was about to make my birthday unforgettable...HANDS DOWN the best birthday I have ever had! It was an extremely special call because it wasn't our counselor calling to tell us someone had chosen us..it was the birth mother herself (who we will call B)! We were so nervous after she explained who she was. We were at a loss of words because as much as we have prepared for that exciting call it is way different when it actually happens. After about 20 seconds of talking to her it became a lot easier. She's funny, sweet, and has a big personality just like both of us!! B proceeded to tell us that she wants to meet us right away and of course we wanted to meet her too. 

I got off the phone with her and turned to Jordan (who was pressed up against me listening) and said "wow, I really REALLY liked her..I hope she likes us when she meets us!!" The phone call was so refreshing, she made us feel extremely special. Who knew that we could have an instant connection in a phone call that lasted less than 5 minutes??

and did you remember?? All of this happened on my BIRTHDAY!! 

We met that Friday and had an immediate connection!

We are so proud to announce that we are MATCHED with B and the most adorable little boy in the world! LOOK AT THOSE CHEEKS! We can't wait to kiss them all over!<33


xoxo

SOON TO BE MOMMY AND DADDY! <33 

1 comment:

  1. Thank God, The two of you are ready to be dynamite parents to a special baby.

    ReplyDelete